Friday, August 7, 2009

Updates

Snip now lives alone and in peace. He/she changes shells once or twice a day. Joe and I aren't sure if that's healthy or not, but since there aren't other crabs to bother him/her we don't really worry too much.

I threw out the worms and composting bin. The knats were getting to be too much for me. I'm not really sure what I did wrong but I will continue to plan an outdoor compost for the day we have our own yard.

I have started the Couch to 5k program (www.coolrunning.com). My knees were KILLING me after the first day. Second day was run successfully (modified a bit) and I'm pleased to announce I could walk normally the next day! I have signed up to run a 5k charity race the first weekend of October, so I must follow through with this program.

I am currently reading (still) Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China. I am learning a lot. I wish I had read this before traveling to Beijing for the Olympics last summer. I may have had a better understanding of where the Chinese people are coming from. There has been so much turmoil in the last century of Chinese history. Good book - I would recommend it highly to anyone wanting a non-fluff read. (Thanks Mrs. Wallace for the "fluff" term. - My next book might have to be "fluff".)

My current knitting project is a tank top or camisole thing-y. Just cast on yesterday. Will let you know how it turns out.

No comments: