It all started when my coworker asked for a German Chocolate Cake for her birthday treat.
See, we make or buy a treat (usually cake or brownies or something like that) for the birthday of the person whose birthday is after yours. Example: My birthday is in October, so I will make something for Edna whose birthday is in November.
So Mavis went on vacation and she was supposed to bring a treat for Cathy, but I volunteered to do it. Cathy wanted German Chocolate Cake, which I've never made but was willing to try. So I had it all planned that I would get the cake part made then got to my Salsa class (the dancing, not the kind you eat with chips), then make the icing when I got home.
But then it happened... I was rushing out of the house in the morning and forgot my keys. Yes, you read that correctly. I forgot my house keys. You see, I don't drive so I don't NEED keys to get on the Metro to get to work, or home. My husband is awake in the morning so I don't usually lock the house door behind me when I leave. So I forgot my keys.
While I was supposed to be making a cake, I was sitting in the public library reading Atonement (which is very good by the way). By the time my husband got home, I had just enough time to change my clothes, eat something and run out the door for the Salsa class!
I woke up earlier than normal this morning to go to the local market (Eastern Market http://www.easternmarketdc.com) and buy a German Chocolate Cake from the bakery (Fine Sweet Shop). I then carried it on the Metro to work, hoping the whole time that I didn't trip or get knocked over by the train bumping around.
The cake is safe in the kitchen fridge. No more volunteering for me. Das ende. (The End - in German)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
LOL Poor Anne!! This so sounds like something I would do too!
See that is what happens when ya try to be nice. :)
So, was it atleast delicious?
Post a Comment